Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Penultimate Week!

Strasti priyatelite mi!

Oh, man. Where to begin. Are you tired of these "missionary" letters yet? Have you figured out that I am just in a large college/camp-style boarding school dealie where you can buy socks and there are 500 washers and dryers? Because that is where I am. Have you figured out that I spend all of my time in the same three buildings? (1M, 17M, 7M, for those interested/knowledgable.) Because I do. And the weird thing about it, as I'm sure some can attest to, is that I barely realize that anymore. My life here, in theory, is so repetitive, so rote but it never really feels that way. Time takes on a whole new meaning. The first two days here literally felt like two years, and then after that, time just sort of squeezed into a different shape and started going in a circle, speeding toward that horse doughnut center I mentioned last time. And now, it seems like it's literally p-day and then p-day over and over again, with like, one second in between. And we have ONE MORE ACTUAL WEEK here. If we get our visas, of course.

Oh yeah, so here's what's going to happen. I'm scheduled to leave on the 14th, but we don't know about our visas (we'll find out next week). If we don't have them, but the Church people are pretty sure we'll get them soon-ish, we'll spend an extra MTC week. And if they're pretty sure it will take more than 10 days for ye dokuments, then we'll go to some English-speaking mission place. I'll let you know! I'm sure your breath is BATED! (what does that even mean/did I spell it right?)

Um, okay. So the other day the MTC paged an elder named "Elder Gary Coleman" to come to the front desk. That was funny.

Secondly, I somehow only have one week left here? One real week? I guess that's a thing. And here's what's going to happen: when I get to Bug Area (or whatever Arizona city I temporarily go to), the real postal mail only comes every three months! So weird! So if you've ever wanted to send me an anything, now is the time to do it. Also here's what's going to happen: there are only 8 sisters in Bug Area at any given time, right? And when my companion and I get there, four will be on their way out. So we'll have a brief period of just us four, and then, in August, new missionaries will get there, so, ergo, my companion and I will be TRAINERS. In AUGUST. After like, FIVE MONTHS of being there. Weird. Man. It all seems so distant! And yet so close.

Also, I am not the coordinating sister anymore! Say goodbye to me keeping the "rules"! And being an "example"! Just kidding. I will still do that. But it was strange. I've been doing it for so long that it will feel weird to not just, like, keep telling people where the laundry soap can be purchased, etc. On the way out, man. One of the new Polish sisters, Sister Bezdjian will be doing that instead. Time marches on.

Mail shout outs! Bam, for her excellently-timed Valentine's Day package! And the strange Canadian "Mallow Cups" therein! (Which were actually very good.) And the enormous red fuzzy wig-style hat!! I am already famous for that hat. Also, Chioma - I'm sorry you haven't gotten my letters! I wrote you them? I'll write another one. Also, Stephanie Roche! Happy baby time! Hooray for baby time! (I hope I can write that on here. . . . is it a scandalous secret?) Finally, Natalie and co. for the excellent letter/card bomb! That made me so happy. I shall write back post haste.

This letter has no structure or form. I like that. Reminds me of me. Um, here is a scripture I like recently: Revelations 3:20-22. Basically, I like it because Jesus says he will invite us to have dinner with him! And that is metaphor, but also a real thing! Especially here, where meals are such a different affair (giant cafeteria! mint brownies! millions of people you don't know!), I've realized what an important bonding/sharing experience it is to sit down and eat with people (something something Joseph Campbell something something). And I like that image a lot. Jesus is our friend. I bet he makes great tacos.

Also, I'm sick (hopefully with just a cold). But at least I bonded over it with our investi-gator, Kosyo! Who was also sick the last time we taught him! And yesterday, we asked him to get baptized! What?? He said he wasn't ready yet, but we gave him a date in a month and he said he'll keep working with us (sucker!!! we won't because we're LEAVING!!). But it was cool. I guess you actually do that, in the missionary world.

So this Sundee, we're planning (the Bulgs) to bear our testimonies in Bulgarian for our last fast Sundee. So allow me to do the same here in closing:

Dokato jshivota mi, nikoga e promenil cvidetelstvoto mi povoche che cega b'MTCto. Uh oh, out of time. Better make this quick. Az znam che tazi tzurkvata e nai-istinscka tzurkvata, y monogo obicham tazi buzmoshnost koyato imam da sum tuka. Znam che mojem da shiveem sus Bok pak, sled tazi jivhot. B'imato na Isus Hristos, Amin.

She's so Lucky! She's a missionary! But she cry, cry, cries in her happy heart, thinking - yay! Missionaries! (I hope you got that Britney Spears reference.)

Love,

Cectra Campbell

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE this blog. Excellent. fresh writing style. Very hip and honest. I want to pin it under the heading "Mormon Delights" on Pinterest, but there needs to be an image built into the header page. Please iincorporate a photo of Eliza? Then we will get the word out on how very cool it is to be a missionary!

    ReplyDelete