Dober den, priyatelite mi y cemeistvoto mi! Kak e vsichko? Vyarvate li che tova e poslednita cedmitza b MTC??
Anyway. Enough of THAT, am I right? Allow me to tell you a story of something that happened to me just a minute ago. There I was, in the Celestial Laundry room that is the MTC laundry hole where I do my emailing. I had tucked myself into my favorite corner, near the glass window to the exit and stairs up to the real-people floor, with a Diet Coke (courtesy of the KITTENHAUS) chilling on the window shelf next to me. I saw, briefly, some kind of encounter going on outside the window between two sisters and a maintenance worker, the latter of which was a delightful, cheerful, Utah-mom type lady with a white tag and the kind of hair that says, "Yes, I have made at least two batches of brownies today." They talked, thanked her for some favor, and went cheerfully on their way. I saw the Hair Lady smile after them, glance around, and then make her way back up the stairs to humanity. But she paused, turned around, and came back to where I was, as if uncontrollably driven by a sudden fleeting urge. She poked her head into me and asked, "Excuse me, is that your Diet Coke?" I nodded, and smiled with the vigor and vim (IS THAT EVEN A WORD?) of someone whose job it is to testify of what is good and right (like Diet Coke, for instance). She smiled with the brightness of the noonday bleached whites, said "Good for you!" and then let out a laugh that was delightfully in between a leprechaun giggle, the mirthful laugh of the Keebler elves just discovering a new cookie made of leaves, and the sound of a rainbow falling in love with another rainbow. It was so cute! And nice! Diet Coke buddies!
Why did I share that story? Oh, I don't know. Partly because something like that could only really happen here. A lot of things are like that. Only here could the chorister announce the prelude hymn of "If You Could Pie to Cobbler" (editor's note: "If You Could Hie To Kolob")(you all know what I mean) and get the ENTIRE MTC of 2000 people start buzzing and talking excitedly as if Justin Timberlake were going to perform it. I guess I'm saying: 1) I actually like this place, and it's weird to me that I'm done with it a week from today, and 2) it's nice to bring stupid little moments of joy to people. And it's intimidating/exciting to know that that will be, primarily, my entire purpose and job for the next sixteen months. (Only sixteen! How did that happen?)
Now down to brass knuckles. We received travel plans last . . . Thursday? Telling us of the planned flight on the 14th to Bulgaria. And we celebrated a little too soon before sheepishly realizing that we didn't actually know about our visas yet, and therefore the travel plans were more like TRAVEL HOPES. E.G., USELESS!! Anyway. So the deal is: we will found out if we have our visas this Friday. If we do, we leave on Tuesday, getting up at 2 am to pass through Chicago and London. If we don't, and they know it will only take less than ten days for us to get them, we stay here for a little bit. If we don't have visas, and they know it will take more than ten days, we get reassigned to another stateside city for a little while until the visas come in. Exciting! Weird! I'm trying really hard not to think/obsess about it! Because it doesn't matter! And whatever happens is what God wants! The end. But I will let you know! Tune in next week! Either way, I guess what's cool is, as the little story above indicates, even in English, even wherever, I'm impossibly excited to be a missionary. I would serve in a Dump, Garbage-Speaking. That's how excited I am!
Also, if you have sent me a letter and not gotten back response, I'm sorrreeee! Some of them have gotten sent back to me, because the address was wrong (even though it was the address I was given...), so I couldn't send a reply. :( This applies to you, Kayanna! (I definitely know your address...so that's weird...I'm sorry! I love you and miss you!) Also, others, last pee day I was INCREDIBLY sick and had the energy of snail immediately after that snail goes to the snail gym and does fifty mission snail push ups, so I had to sleep most of the day and not write letters. So I'm a little behind. I will do my best! Also, regarding mail: I've heard differing reports, but I don't think you can really send me things through the normal mail real good in Bulge-area. So email me! Starting next week! I will let you know if the mail is better, though! I like mailll!!!
Anyway. This week is just kind of . . . follow the rules, get skirts altered, set an example, NOT think about visas, send home stuff unneeded, actually think about the reality of speaking Bulgarian soon, freak out. We taught Kosyo for the last time last night (weird!). It ended well.
I love you all, and want to hear from you! Many of you will hear from me! Don't stop believing! In God!
No comments:
Post a Comment