Happy day of gratefulness! That is how you say it in Buglarian. It
was QUITE an INteresting WEEK. I made 3 (three) pies. Two pumpkin, in
which I bought an entire orange pumpkin (pretty hard to do around here -
there are almost no orange pumpkins, only like butternut squash dealies
they call "tikvi") and slaughtered it and roasted it and for three days
prepared it. I also destroyed a T-shirt soaking it and squeezing out
all the juice. But I made pies!!!! Of the pumpkin varieties. Would you
like to "pump" me for details? Okay.
I also made an apple one, which was very big, and made
my own caramel sauce ( that sounds like an expression for getting in big
trouble or something - "well I've really made my own caramel sauce
today, man") and put it in there. So it was an APPLE CARAMEL pie. Then
we gathered 'round the glass table at the senior couple, Eames',
apartment, and ate a Turkey (capitalized? it was very thin and fatless,
in a hilarious contrast to the American butter-fed juiceballs we have
everywhere) and some bread substances and potato substances, and I was
cranky and refused to care to play Phase 10 or Uno, because, as anyone
who knows me knows, I hate games of all sorts, particularly ones that
involve "thinking" or "reason." But it was still fun. Also we were
taking pictures of the foodstuffs, and Sister Walch was tipping the
caramel pie at an angle such that all the apple.caramel juices started
running out a little, and I guess everybody thought it was funny when I
shouted nervously, "The juices! THE JUICES!" It was a Bam moment,
probably.
What else. OH Seifitin got baptized. I guess that's
pretty cool. It was one of those things where you're sitting in the
church all day building the portable pool out of sticks of steel and
plastic, and rigging up those familiar old heating tongs, and flipping
the breakers every time they flip off because too much electricity is
being used, and sitting on the floor in the breath-visible-cold church
and wondering if it will all work OUT if he will even SHOW UP but then
it all goes perfectly. We even sang "Tursya Nebesni Dugi" (I Like To
Look For Rainbows) in Bulgarian!! With my gui-tar!
So that's that. It was an exciting week, and I'm
getting worse and worse and worse and writing in my journal. Any advice
for that? Anyone? Help????
I love you guys. I am grateful 4U.
Love,
Sister Candle
No comments:
Post a Comment