Hello friends! On Thursday Greg and I both received calls from a mysterious 801 phone number. It was Eliza calling to let us know that she would be going to Tuscon until her visa arrives. She was a little subdued, a little off-center, but excited to be going into the mission field. She was a little concerned about her mission clothes, which are mostly in the warm and wooly eastern European idiom.
Eliza, Amelia, and I were able to talk for a long time. We laughed and I cried, and it was so good to hear her voice.
Yesterday afternoon, Friday, I saw the same number on my phone. It was Eliza again, calling to say that a miracle had happened--their Bulgarian visas had arrived! She, her companion, and one elder (there are just three of them in her District) are leaving at 4 am on Tuesday, February 14, to fly to Chicago, then London, and then Sofia, Bulgaria. She is thrilled! Nervous! Ready to wear her warm coat and boots in the cold and snowy climes of Bulgaria.
You will note her address in Bulgaria on the sidebar. I will post information about mailing to Bulgaria shortly.
So happy Valentine's Day to you all, and safe travels to our Eliza.
No comments:
Post a Comment