Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week of May 13 2013:


The rundown of the week:
1) I decided I am Chewbacca and Sister Walch is Han Solo and can understand me when I make incomprehensible upset-sounding groaning noises. She interpreted yesterday that I wanted some strawberries. Incredible!

2) Today we're going to Shumen to see that big Transformers-esque statue I went to last year.

3) Some pals of mine, Lyobomir and Rumi, decided to get baptized!
And now pictures.
On Rosi's (awesome member) roof for a meal. Don't worry too much about the apostrophes there.
And then Lyobomir's spiritual birthday (on my literal birthday)!  Editor's note:  the snuggie Eliza is modeling was used to mop up water from the leaking baptismal font.  Practical and alluring!





1: The entire lamb that Lyobomir roasted for us. He is a specialist. The neck was inside and it was stuffed with rice and raisins.

2: Me and Lyobo! He is the classiest dresser that I know of.




1. They have subway here.  This cover was really a covert operation to take a picture of a couple near us who were making out next to a grandma shamefully

2. I am a beach.




1. The lady on the right is the one who was deaf who we taught last year. Still not baptized but maybe someday!

2. Ha ha ha, I was trying to type "blessings" because of some patriarchal blessings for members we had picked up in Sofia for some members in Varna but the phone wanted to say "blesshogs" on predictive texting for some reason. Also, interesting fact: the Church does not translate patriarchal blessings. E.g. if you are Bulgarian and there is no Bulgarian-speaking patriarch (which there isn't) you get your blessing only if you know a language a patriarch knows (usually Russian or English, or maybe French.) Interesting! I'm glad I know English!

3. Kitten!

4. Soviet monument.







No comments:

Post a Comment